Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Midweek Rambling

Welcome, August! Family Visits, Fresh Goals, and Looking Forward

Good morning, friends!

It’s Wednesday morning, August 5th, and I’m on my way to work. It’s about 6:30 a.m., and we are blessed with another beautiful Oklahoma sunrise. I don’t know about you, but I have a feeling August is going to be a wonderful month.

The biggest reason? My youngest son, Trevor, his wife Mellissa, and my sweet grandchildren, Kyndall and Liam, will be coming home from North Dakota for a week and a half! It feels like it’s been far too long since we’ve all been together, and I honestly can’t wait to hug those babies.

Over the past few weeks, Mr. C and I have been busy getting everything ready for their visit. We completely decluttered Kyndall’s bedroom, which doubles as our guest room, and gave the toy room a complete makeover. It feels so nice knowing everything is organized, clean, and ready for little feet to come running through the house again.

Yesterday our new window air conditioner arrived for Kyndall’s room, and Mr. C is planning to install it today. With August being one of the hottest months of the year here in Oklahoma, I know they’ll sleep much more comfortably.

If you’re wondering why we named our guest bedroom Kyndall’s room is because her and I have always utilized the guest bedroom as if it was hers. She has a dresser drawer that has clothes, small treasures and hair items waiting on her. When they leave to go back to North Dakota I send most home with her. Then I start gathering up new items for the next visit. 

Now I just need to start planning a few fun Nana-and-Kyndall adventures. She always loves helping me in the kitchen, so I’m already thinking about a few treats we can bake together. I’ll also be stocking the pantry with plenty of kid-friendly snacks before everyone arrives.

Monday

Work started the week off fairly well. I finished Monday with 9 saves. While it wasn’t exactly where I wanted to be, every save helps someone, and that’s something I’m always grateful for.

Monday was also a big day for our grandson, Landon. He had his tonsils removed, his adenoids taken out, and tubes placed in his ears. Anytime your grandbaby has surgery, your heart worries a little extra. Thankfully, everything went well, and now it’s just time for him to heal.

Tuesday

Tuesday turned out to be a much better day at work. I finished the day with 14 saves, and I was really pleased with that. Today I’m setting my goal at 16 saves, although I’ll be happy as long as I reach at least 10.

After work, I picked up Taco Mayo for dinner because Mr. C had spent nearly the entire day helping Brody and Savannah with the kids while Savannah was getting her classroom ready for the new school year. Since Landon was still recovering from surgery, it was a huge blessing for them to have Grandpa there to help out. I know Mr. C enjoyed every minute of spending time with those grandbabies.

Tuesday evening I also worked on my required credit counseling certification. I’ve finished everything except the final chat session. Once I complete that, I’ll officially have my certification behind me, and that’ll feel wonderful to check off my to-do list.

Wednesday

Today I’m heading into work feeling optimistic.

We’ve had some changes happening in our department recently. Madison is transferring to the National Team on August 10th, and Whitney will be out beginning August 12th for surgery, with an expected six-week recovery.

Because of that, our schedules are shifting around. Sam has been moved from his normal 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. schedule to working 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. If you know Sam, you know that’s going to be quite an adjustment! He’s definitely a night owl who usually stays up until around two in the morning. I imagine his alarm clock is becoming his least favorite thing these days.

Thankfully, we’re expecting a new employee to begin training around August 18th, so relief is on the way. Until then, we’ll all be pulling together. It will certainly be busy, but busy also means more opportunities to earn those extra save bonuses.

After work today, I plan to finish my certification chat, and then I think Chicken Express is calling my name for supper. I’ll even order enough so I can pack leftovers for tomorrow’s lunch.

Speaking of lunch, today I’m keeping things fairly simple:

  • A low-carb roll-up
  • Frozen fruit
  • Yogurt
  • A Diet Root Beer
  • A Diet Pepsi
  • An energy drink

Little by little, I’m trying to make healthier choices.

This year has really become about being intentional. I’m trying to eat better, manage my money wisely, stay organized, and simply become the best version of myself one day at a time. Progress may not always be fast, but progress is still progress.

Five Simple Ways I’m Trying to Cut Back on Carbs

  • Make wraps using low-carb tortillas instead of bread.
  • Keep fresh vegetables ready for quick snacks instead of chips.
  • Choose grilled chicken more often than fried foods.
  • Drink more water and diet drinks instead of sugary beverages.
  • Keep healthy protein snacks like cheese sticks, boiled eggs, or nuts nearby so I’m less tempted by sweets.

Five Easy Ways to Save Money

  • Plan meals before grocery shopping.
  • Cook enough supper to enjoy leftovers for lunch.
  • Give yourself a 24-hour waiting period before making impulse purchases.
  • Keep a running grocery list so fewer trips to the store turn into fewer impulse buys.
  • Put even five or ten dollars into savings each payday—it adds up faster than you think.

Nana & Kyndall’s Kitchen Corner

One recipe I know Kyndall and I will have fun making together is Mini English Muffin Pizzas.

All you’ll need:

  • Whole wheat or regular English muffins
  • Pizza sauce
  • Shredded mozzarella cheese
  • Pepperoni or cooked sausage
  • Mini pepper slices or olives (optional)

Let Kyndall spread the sauce, sprinkle on the cheese, and decorate each pizza with her favorite toppings. Bake at 375° for about 10 minutes until the cheese is bubbly. It’s easy, delicious, and kids absolutely love making their own creations.

I’m counting down the days until our family is all together again. There’s just something about hearing little voices fill the house that makes everything feel complete.

I hope each of you has a wonderful Wednesday. Thank you for stopping by and spending a few minutes with me. Until next time, take care of yourselves and make today count!



No comments:

Post a Comment