Sunday Fun Day: Coffee, Shopping, Laughter & a 95!
There are just some Sundays that seem to hit a little differently, and my Sunday Fun Days with my best friend Cherrie are definitely some of those days! ❤️
This morning Cherrie pulled up to my house around 9:30, and we were ready to get our day started. Our first stop? Scooter’s in Chickasha, Oklahoma, of course! Because really, can two best friends start a Sunday Fun Day without coffee? I think not. 😂
I ordered the Maple Delicious, and Cherrie got the Caramelicious. Coffee in hand, we were ready to hit the road and head toward Norman.
A Surprisingly Successful Shopping Day
One of the nice things about this particular grocery-shopping day was that my list wasn’t nearly as long as it normally is.
Mr. C has been using Walmart delivery lately, and let me tell you—it really does make a difference! He had already had several cases of water delivered, along with some bulk items and about four 12-packs of drinks. He also ordered some of our household necessities, including toilet paper, paper towels, bathroom cleaner, bleach, and laundry soap.
That took quite a few things off my grocery list, which meant I could concentrate on what we actually needed.
And let me just say…I stayed on budget!
My grocery budget this month was $375, which is actually less than what I normally have to work with. I usually find a way to go over by $50 or even $100. If we need something, we need it, and I’ll make it work.
But this time?
I came in at approximately $351!
I was pretty proud of myself. That’s a grocery-shopping victory in my book! 🛒🎉
And Then We Did Something Unheard Of…
We went to Norman, and for perhaps the first time in forever, neither one of us needed anything from Ollie’s!
If you know Cherrie, you know that Ollie’s is basically her go-to destination for coffee pods and laundry detergent. But she was good this time. I didn’t need anything either.
So we actually passed right by Ollie’s.
I know.
Who ARE we? 😂
Instead, we headed over to TJ Maxx.
I found a basket that I’m planning to use for a Christmas drink-and-treat package for our Dirty Santa gift. Luther wanted to take that route, so I’ll probably start gathering what I need sometime in November. I’m trying not to get too far ahead of myself because, well…we all know how that goes!
Then we went into Burlington, where I picked up two new towels for the bathroom and some house spray because I love having the house smell good.
Ross was next, but honestly, I didn’t really find anything I needed there.
And that’s okay!
Sometimes you can walk into a store, look around, and walk right back out without spending money. That’s actually a skill I’m learning. 😂
Let’s Talk Dirty Santa
While we’re on the subject of gifts, I’ve also been thinking about what I want to do for Dirty Santa.
Brody and Savannah, along with Charles and Elizabeth, are all going on a cruise in May. I’m debating between putting together a fun little cruise-themed gift basket or getting an inexpensive piece of luggage.
I’m leaning toward the luggage because I think Brody and Savannah could probably use some.
If I do go that route, I’ll definitely look for something in a neutral color so it’s useful for just about anybody. I’m actually thinking about ordering it this week, getting it wrapped, and putting it away until we need it.
Yes, I’m planning ahead.
Who am I? 😂
Mexican Food & Queso…Because Obviously
After all that shopping, we worked up an appetite.
We stopped at Ted’s Mexican Restaurant, which is always a good idea. I had the pork street tacos, and they were delicious!
But let’s be honest.
The real star of the show for me was the queso and chips.
I LOVE their queso. ❤️
There is just something about sitting down with your best friend, eating good food, drinking something yummy, and talking about everything and absolutely nothing at the same time.
That’s the good stuff.
Then Came the Grocery Store Challenge
After lunch, we headed over to Crest, and I have to say, I was impressed with myself.
I was probably in there for an hour and a half, maybe even less, and I whipped through that grocery list!
I found everything I needed, picked up a few things that weren’t technically on the list—which is basically a requirement of grocery shopping—and still managed to stay under my $375 budget.
$351.
I’ll take it!
But the Best Part Wasn’t the Shopping
Honestly, the shopping wasn’t even the best part of the day.
The best part was simply spending the day with Cherrie.
There was laughter.
There were complaints.
There was coffee.
There was shopping.
There was Mexican food.
There was probably a little bit of “Do we really need that?” followed by “Well…maybe.” 😂
And there was just that comfortable kind of friendship where you can spend an entire day together, laugh until your stomach hurts, complain about whatever is bothering you, wander through stores, eat good food, and just enjoy being together.
Those are the days I treasure.
Before we headed home, I made one more stop at Burger King to pick up Luther his dinner.
Because after a full Sunday Fun Day, the man deserved some dinner too!
And One More Little Victory…
I can’t finish this post without mentioning something else I’m pretty excited about.
I FINISHED MY CREDIT COUNSELING! 🎉🎉🎉
And remember how I told you I had to make at least a 70 on the test?
Well…
I MADE A 95!
NINETY-FIVE!
I was so stinkin’ excited when I saw that score. I knew I could pass it, but getting a 95 felt like a little extra pat on the back.
With everything I’m working through financially right now, finishing the credit counseling and doing well on that test felt like another step forward.
One more thing checked off the list.
One more little victory.
And maybe that’s what this Sunday Fun Day was really about.
It wasn’t just about groceries or shopping or coffee.
It was about small victories, good friends, laughter, and making progress—even when life feels a little complicated.
I’ll take a Sunday like that any day of the week.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day, and I’ll see you next time! ❤️
Karen
No comments:
Post a Comment