Happy Friday, everyone!
I am sitting in the parking lot at work this morning, watching my coworkers slowly trickle in one by one. I never like rushing into my day, so I usually wait until about 6:45 before heading inside. That gives me plenty of time to grab something to drink, fill up my water cup with lots of ice, get my computers turned on, and have all my work apps loaded before the phones start ringing. Starting the day calm is much better than starting it in a panic!
After work today, I’ll be picking up a small grocery order because tomorrow is going to be a fun Nana and Grandpa weekend. Lane and Landon are coming to spend the day and stay the night with us, so of course I have to make sure we’re fully stocked with all the important essentials—milk, chocolate syrup, cookies, ice cream, and plenty of snacks. If you’ve ever shopped for picky eaters, you know it’s almost like preparing for a tiny food critic convention! Thankfully, a little chocolate milk can solve a lot of problems.
Tomorrow I’m also hoping to attend the Peach Festival. I’ve never been before, and since this is their 50th year, I figured it’s finally time to check it off my Oklahoma adventure list. I need to get with my friend Nancy today to see if she’s still planning to go with me. If she can make it, that’ll be wonderful. If not, I’ll still head that way because I’ve learned that sometimes solo adventures can be just as much fun.
I talked with my best friend, Cherrie, yesterday. She’s doing well at her new job and making more money, which I’m so happy about. The downside is that she’s working a lot more hours, so it’s been hard for our schedules to line up. Our famous Sunday Fundays have almost disappeared lately, but we’re hoping to get together one evening next week after work. Sometimes friendships just have to work around busy seasons of life, and that’s okay.
I’ve also been having a great time on Swap-bot lately. I’ve picked up a couple of new pen pals, and my goal is to get at least two letters written and mailed tomorrow. I’m determined not to get behind this time! It’s funny how people who start out as strangers eventually become friends through handwritten letters. There’s just something special about opening your mailbox and finding something besides bills.
Tomorrow I also need to mail my “Pen Pal Kit No. 3” swap. I really enjoyed putting this one together. It’s filled with fun stationery supplies and little goodies that another pen pal can use while writing letters. I honestly think the kit turned out really nice, and I’m excited to see what arrives in my mailbox in return. Even if it’s not quite as full as the one I sent, that’s perfectly okay. Let’s just say I’m definitely not suffering from a shortage of stationery supplies around here. If there were an Olympic event for collecting stickers, washi tape, and pretty paper, I might actually have a chance at bringing home the gold medal!
For now, though, it’s time to head into work. I’m hoping for a great day with lots of member saves so I can earn a little extra money. And if it wants to rain off and on all day, I certainly won’t complain. Rainy Fridays have a way of making the weekend feel even cozier.
Thank you so much for stopping by and spending a few minutes with me today. I’d love to hear from you! Is your weather hot, rainy, or somewhere in between? Leave me a comment and let me know what kind of day you’re having where you live.
I hope you all have a wonderful Friday and a fantastic weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment