Friday, July 3, 2026

Early 4th Of July.

A Wonderful Fourth of July Celebration with Family

Some days simply fill your heart, and this year’s Fourth of July celebration was one of them.

We spent the afternoon and early evening at Elizabeth and Charles’ house celebrating Independence Day. They were also celebrating Tessa’s birthday earlier in the day, so it turned into a full day of family, friends, and good food.

Elizabeth had told us not to worry about bringing anything except a gallon of tea because she had everything else covered. She definitely wasn’t kidding! When we arrived around 3:30 that afternoon, several people had already been there enjoying the day. Tessa had already headed home after her birthday celebration, but Mikey, Audrey, Alicia, Jonathan, and K’Leigh were all there. Before long, the rest of our crew arrived, including Brody, Savannah, Sophie, Lane, and Landon, making the house feel wonderfully full.

The food was absolutely amazing. Elizabeth had grilled hamburgers, hot dogs, and hot links. There was homemade mac and cheese, chili for the hot dogs, potato salad, macaroni salad, corn, a delicious seven-layer dip with chips, leftover birthday cake, plenty of cookies, and more drinks than anyone could possibly need. No one left hungry!

After everyone had eaten, we spent time doing what I enjoy most—visiting. There is something special about sitting around with family, catching up on everyone’s lives, laughing together, and simply enjoying each other’s company.

Eventually, everyone migrated outside. The guys played cornhole, another yard game kept everyone entertained, and the kids had a blast splashing around in the kiddie pool and playing with all the outdoor toys. It was definitely a hot Oklahoma afternoon, so after a while, Mr. C and I slipped back inside where it was nice and cool. Elizabeth joined us, and we enjoyed a quieter visit while everyone else continued having fun outside.

Around 7:00 that evening, Mr. C looked over and smiled, saying, “I’m ready to head home.” Truthfully, I was ready too. It had been one of those full, happy days that leaves you feeling tired in the very best way.

As we drove home, I couldn’t help but feel thankful. Thankful for family, good conversations, lots of laughter, delicious food, and another holiday spent making memories together. Those simple moments are the ones I treasure the most.

Here’s to another wonderful Fourth of July spent with the people I Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment