Thursday, September 24, 2026

Enjoying Life Filled With Blessings

💕 Midweek Blessings, Thoughtful Gifts & Things to Look Forward To

Sometimes you just have one of those weeks where you stop for a minute and realize, I am really blessed. And honestly, that is exactly where I am this week.

There have been little surprises, thoughtful gifts, good friends, family time, work wins, and a few things on the calendar that I am really looking forward to. So I thought it was time for a little midweek check-in!

🎁 Gifts That Were Made With Love

When I went to our company picnic in Ada this past Saturday, my cousin Dakota’s wife, Whitney, had some late birthday gifts waiting for me. And let me tell you, she knows me!

First of all, she got me a pink Starbucks cup. Everybody knows I love my cups and tumblers. I don’t care how many I already have—there is always room for another one! 😂

But she didn’t stop there.

She used her 3D printer to make me some adorable little fidget toys. There was a crab, some turtles, and several other cute little things. She also gave me an envelope filled with assorted papers that I can use in my journals, and she crocheted me a composition notebook cover for one of my journals.

Every single thing was so thoughtful, and knowing that she made some of these things herself made them even more special.

I just felt so loved and thought of.

I still need to get Whitney her late birthday gift, too. I had every intention of taking it to the picnic, and then somehow I managed to completely forget it at home. 🤦‍♀️ So, Whitney, your gift is coming! I promise!

📚 Then Nancy Spoiled Me, Too!

Monday brought another little dose of happiness.

I went over to my friend Nancy’s house, and Nancy and I go way back. We are childhood friends, our parents were friends, and I believe even our grandparents knew each other. So when I say there is a long history between our families, I mean it.

Nancy had recently been to the Frivious store in Duncan, where they were having a book fair, and she picked up some of the cutest things for me.

She got me bookmarks, postcards, lots of stickers, and the cutest little ghost journal!

That little ghost journal is going to become my October journal, and I am already excited about it. 👻📖

Of course, she knows my love of all things crafty and stationery, so every single thing she picked out was right up my alley.

And I know it’s not really about the gifts.

It’s about being thought of.

There is just something special about someone seeing something and thinking, “Karen would love this.”

When someone knows your personality, your interests, your aesthetic, and the little things that make you happy—and then takes the time to pick something out for you—it really does bring me joy.

I feel very blessed to have people in my life who know me that well.

💻 Work Has Been Pretty Decent

Work has been going pretty well, too.

Tuesday wasn’t exactly my best day. I left with seven saves, and when I’m working toward a goal of 11 or 12 a day, seven just didn’t feel like enough.

So Wednesday became my “okay, let’s make up for Tuesday” day!

And when I left work today, I had 13 saves!

That definitely made me feel better. 😊

I’m just trying to do the very best I can, one call at a time, and help as many members as I can understand the value of having LegalShield.

Some days are easier than others, but I’m continuing to show up and do what I can. That’s really all any of us can do.

🥳 Birthday Celebrations Are Coming!

Friday after work, I’m planning to swing by and pick up Mr. C, and then we’re supposed to head to Oklahoma City to Texas Roadhouse to celebrate Savannah’s 32nd birthday!

I’m really looking forward to it.

And, of course, I’m hoping Mr. C feels up to going. I wouldn’t want to go by myself. After all, Savannah is Brody’s wife, and family celebrations are always more fun when we can all be together.

So I’m keeping my fingers crossed that Friday works out exactly as planned!

🌳 A Little Family History Project

Saturday, I have tentative plans to head over to Lawton to see my cousin Sissy.

Sissy is 82 years old, and she has a lot of our family-tree information. I would really like to spend some time with her and take pictures of the information she has, especially since I’ve been working on our family history and genealogy project.

And let me tell you—our family tree is BIG.

When your grandparents had nine children, and then all those aunts and uncles started having children of their own, things can get complicated pretty quickly!

There are names, dates, marriages, children, siblings, and generations upon generations to keep track of. Sometimes I look at it all and think, Am I ever going to finish this? 😂

But the good thing is, I don’t have to.

This isn’t a race.

It’s a project I can work on a little at a time, and honestly, I think that’s part of what makes it enjoyable. Every little piece I discover gives me another connection to the people who came before me.

🎡 And Then There’s Sunday!

Sunday is another day I’m really looking forward to because my friend Cherrie and I are planning to go to the Oklahoma State Fair!

It will be the final day of the fair, and I really want to go see some of the exhibits.

I don’t necessarily need to spend the entire day there. I don’t even need to do everything. Sometimes it’s nice just to walk around, look at a few things, enjoy the atmosphere, and make some memories.

So we’ll see what Sunday brings!

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that everything works out.

❤️ Counting My Blessings

When I stop and look at everything happening this week, I realize there is a lot to be thankful for.

Thoughtful gifts from Whitney.

A sweet surprise from Nancy.

Friends I’ve known for decades.

Family birthdays to celebrate.

A genealogy project that connects me to generations before me.

A few good workdays.

Plans with people I love.

And, of course, my sweet Mr. C by my side.

Life isn’t perfect. Some days are harder than others, and some days don’t go according to plan.

But there are so many little moments that remind me how incredibly blessed I am.

Sometimes we just have to slow down long enough to notice them.

And this week, I’m definitely noticing. ❤️

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the internet and spending a few minutes with me.

If you have a minute, leave me a comment and tell me where you’re reading from! I always love knowing where my blog friends are checking in from.

Until next time, keep looking for those little blessings. They really are everywhere. 💕



No comments:

Post a Comment