Sunday, September 20, 2026

Life at Home

 

A Lazy Sunday That Turned Out Just Right 🏡📺❤️

Sunday, September 20th

Sometimes you just know when you need a lazy day at home.

Today was one of those days.

I had already made up my mind that Sunday was going to be an easy, stay-at-home kind of day with my sweet husband, Mr. C. After talking to my BFF, Cherrie, I was even more convinced. She was planning on staying home, doing some cleaning around the house, and watching scary movies because she had heard we were supposed to get some storms.

So I thought, you know what? I’m doing the same thing!

I had a couple of journals I needed to work on for a Swap-Bot swap, and I had been wanting to make a pineapple pie recipe I’d seen on Facebook. I also had a few little housekeeping chores that needed to be done. Nothing major—just the normal things that seem to magically appear no matter how often you clean!

I was perfectly content with my plan.

Then, at about 11:00 that morning, my phone rang.

It was Cherrie.

“Hey! I just saw that it’s not really going to storm. Do you want to go to the store with me? Maybe go to Ringling Oklahoma to Lori’s Bin?”

Now, I’m always up for an adventure, but I had to ask the important question:

“How long are you talking?”

She started adding it all up and said, “Well, we’ll probably be gone about five hours.”

Five hours?! 😂

I thought about it for a second and said, “Nope. I really do want to stay home.”

I had told her earlier that if she changed her mind and decided to go somewhere, she could call me. But by this point, I had officially entered Do Not Disturb: Homebody Edition.

I just wanted to relax, watch television with my husband, and enjoy a day where I wasn’t rushing around somewhere.

Cherrie completely understood, which made me feel better about my decision.

Of course, Mr. C looked at me like, “Why didn’t you go with her?”

And I told him, “Because I’m not feeling it! I want to be home.”

And honestly, I was.

Sometimes you just have to listen to yourself when your body and your brain are both saying, STAY HOME.

So that’s exactly what I did.

We had a new series we wanted to watch called Neagley, which is a spinoff from Reacher. And let me tell you—we didn’t just watch an episode or two.

We binge-watched the entire season! 😂

And it was really good. It was exactly the kind of thing we needed for a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Of course, we couldn’t spend the entire day sitting on the couch. We did manage to get a few things done around the house, too.

We did laundry, emptied the trash, wiped down the counters, and straightened up a few things. Thankfully, our house never gets completely out of control, but sometimes you just have to stop and reset everything.

So we did a little housework, then watched some more Neagley.

In between episodes, we kept up with the football game to see how that was going. And, naturally, we had to keep an eye on the weather and check the news.

Because apparently, even on a lazy Sunday, you still have to know what’s happening in the world! 😂

All in all, it turned out to be a really good day.

It wasn’t exciting.

It wasn’t packed full of plans.

We didn’t go shopping.

We didn’t go on a road trip.

We didn’t even leave the house.

And you know what?

It was perfect.

Sometimes the best days are the ones where you get to stay home, get a few things accomplished, watch something good on television, laugh with the person you love, and just enjoy being together.

Today was busy enough to feel productive but lazy enough to feel like a Sunday.

And honestly, I wouldn’t have changed a thing.

Here’s to more slow Sundays, comfortable clothes, good television, clean counters, football, and lots of laughter with Mr. C.❤️


No comments:

Post a Comment