Sunday, August 25, 2024

Blessing Box Sunday

This is how the box looked mid morning Sunday.  I picked up about $40 in food this weekend for blessing box.  I decided to keep half of the food and put in Monday after I got off work.  I’ve heard that one person will take everything in the box.  I really don’t care but would like to bless more than a person.  
The box I use is next to the high school.  I’m thinking my next reload that I am going to do snack bags geared to school age students students.  Am thinking a drink, chips, granola bars, and such. I bought gallon ziplock bags to put items in.  So they can grasp and go. 

On bottom shelf I put hygiene products.  Several items I had but wasn’t ever going to use.  Next time I plan on putting individual toilet paper, laundry soap and small bottles of dish soap.  
We are so blessed and I want to help others in need.  This is just a small way I can help others. If everyone placed a few cans of food or even a loaf of bread we would be able to help so many more people in need.   I personally plan on putting food in the Blessing Box every two weeks.  Depending on my budget.  
This week I put spaghetti, spaghetti sauce and a can of green beans in a ziplock bag. Made a couple of them.  Then I made up a bag of tortillas, refried beans, red enchilada sauce, and a Spanish rice.  I thought the meal kits would be kinda cool to put in the blessing boxes.  






 

No comments:

Post a Comment