Sunday, August 11, 2024

Blessing Box

This morning on the way to pick up our groceries I listened to my inner voice.  What I heard was pick up some food for the blessing box.  Who am I to deny that voice?  So I parked at Wal-Mart and bought some groceries.  I only spent $26.00.  Picked up quick and easy foods. Such as pasta and spaghetti sauce, ramen noodles, tuna pouches, box of tea bags, bread, 2 individual cereals, 2 green beans, 2 corn, 2 cans of raviolis, and hot dog sauce.  

This is the box before I put in my food.  It needed a little help as you can see.  I tend to forget about the blessing boxes we have around town.  The one I normally go to is near the high school.  My next paycheck I plan on putting together 4 gallon size ziplock bags with contents for a simple meal.  Such as spaghetti or chicken Alfredo.  Of course I think another loaf of bread and more ramen noodles just in case the boy comes back.  God has blessed me over and over.  Am greatly thankful that make I helped out someone else.

This is after I loaded my food into box.  Minus a loaf of bread.  A young boy maybe 7 or 8 years old came up and asked what I was doing.  I told him putting a few items into box.  He then said my momma needs a loaf of bread. Well here you go as I handed him the loaf of bread and a plastic Wal-Mart sack.  Just to let you know I never buy bread for the boxes but this morning again I listened to that voice and got the bread.  The young boy seen the ramen noodles and stated 5hey were his favorite.  What I will say about our encounter is it was meant to be.  I snapped my after photo and let him shop in the blessing box.  For me just knowing I was able to bless this boy with a few items literally made my day. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment