Monday, September 2, 2024

DIY canvas print project

I have needed to add several pictures to my family wall.  I had 3 8x10 pictures printed at Walmart for this project.  I also picked up 10 canvas’s for a great price of $11.97.  That will give extra to keep wall updated.  The black paint also came from Walmart for only 97 cents. 

I painted the edges black.  As you can see it doesn’t have to be perfect as the picture will be covering most of it up. Be sure to prep your space, I placed a clear trash bag to keep mess at a minimal level.  I am always quite a messy crafter. 

Then you use modge podge on the canvas using a foam brush.  Sweeping it on with long strokes. Once that has dried then you will apply two coats of modge podge on top of the picture.  If you choose you can seal with a clear acrylic sealant. 
This is a super easy project that anyone can do.  Give it a try and you will see how easy it is to produce the look of the expensive canvas prints on a budget.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment