Monday, June 10, 2024

Day 2 of Broken Bow part 1

It’s raining this morning. We had plans on going fishing this morning after we have pancakes for breakfast.  Savannah made the breakfast while Me. C. And I snuggled with Lane and Landon.  Couldn’t ask for a better morning.

A perfect view this morning. I came outside to eat and take in the view.  I always enjoy using vacation time to ground myself to nature. Will also do my daily devotional outside while taking in the majestic views of nature.  
Was glad everyone came out with me.  We had lots of laughs. 
Brody, Lsne and Mr. C.

Savannah,Landon and Brody.  Savannah made the pancakes for everyone.  They were so yummy! 

Couldn’t leave myself out of the pictures. Did it even happen if you aren’t in photos?  For many years I refused to take pictures of me.  Then I realized that I am who I am bigger gal and all. Missed out on many great photo opportunities thru the years. 

This area is so beautiful.  The trees at home are not this tall.  Definitely was intrigued by the height and how they surround the cabin on 3 sides.  Have seen several deer running around in the area. 

Broken Bow lake is huge. I had no ideal how large it was.  We only seen a small part of the lake today.  We were able to find a shoreline to fish from this morning.  We fished for several hours with no luck.  

My hubbie getting my fishing pole ready for me to use.  I should insert here that I am not a seasoned fisherman.  He is hoping to teach me so I will be able to put my bait on by self and take off a fish. But most importantly that I learn to cast my pole.

We all agree this probably wasn’t a great place to fish.  We were literally on top of rocks. But I did practice my casting technique.  Will not be earning any awards, did enjoy being out in nature. That was the best part being outside and enjoying life.

Savannah and Lane.  Savannah sure enjoys fishing and doesn’t mind touch the bait.  She throws her line way out there as well.

Landon is going to be our rock hound. Seemed like he picked up a thousand rocks. He needed pockets on his shorts where he could have brought his treasures back to cabin with him. Our grand boys are living their best life.  






 

No comments:

Post a Comment