- 2 cups milk (any % you choose)
- 4 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup strong coffee or espresso
- canned whipped cream
- Add the milk, pumpkin, sugar, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice to a small sauce pan over medium-high heat. Bring almost to a boil, stirring constantly - if you allow it to boil it will get thick (yuck). Whisk the mixture until it starts to froth, about 1 minute. Divide milk mixture between two mugs. Add the coffee slowly down the side so you don’t disturb the milk froth, add a squirt of whipped cream and a pinch more of the pumpkin pie spice and enjoy.
NOTE: Keep a spoon on hand, because of the thick nature of pumpkin puree, you will want to stir the latte occasionally to keep it from getting thick at the bottom of your mug.
Another Note: To get a good thick froth, you can add COLD pumpkin mixture to a large glass mason jar. Cap and shake vigorously. When you have a good froth, REMOVE CAP and microwave the milk mixture to desired temperature. Never leave the cap on and do not shake a capped jar with hot liquid or you will get injured.
Read more at http://www.farmgirlgourmet.com/2012/11/pumpkin-spiced-latte.html#rWYGQj1Rxm3lP1Az.99
I love fall time and all the fall recipes! I could drink pumpkin spice latte every day.. Love farmgirlgourmet.com and this recipe seems like it would be so easy to make homemade!