Am so ready for fall! I love sitting outside on my patio in the mornings drinking my pumpkin spice coffee. Then at night snuggled up on the couch with a blanket. I seem to be more creative in the fall months. This Christmas I want to make my 3 sons quilts. Which means I need to clean and organize my craft room once again and get my sewing machine ready to roll.
Am ready to make some new fall recipes! Mr. C. told me the other day he wasn't a big fan of crockpot cooking.. Oh dear I have always used the crockpot during the fall season. Had no clue he felt that way. Guess what I am not changing my cooking habits because he has always eat what I have fixed without complaint.. Here is a recipe I am for sure going to try this fall!
Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken
- 1 (14.4 oz) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans
- 8 oz frozen corn
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 (14.4 oz) can chicken broth
- 3 scallions chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- - TT salt and pepper
- In slow cooker, add chicken broth, beans, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt and stir to combine.
- Lay seasoned chicken breasts on top of other ingredients inside slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours.
- Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return shredded chicken to slow cooker and stir it into other ingredients. Adjust salt and seasoning to desired taste.
Some other things I am going to do to get ready for fall is I am going to organize my stuff I have been buying with coupons for super cheap. I have decided to utilize Trevor's closet space and put a bookcase in it to hold my little stockpile I have going on. I have bought 6 bottles of Tide for $2.50 each and I have about 3 bottles of shampoo and conditioner I paid vey little for them. Right now I have the bottles of Tide in my laundry room on top of the dresser. Doesn't look so good and makes the room feel cluttered. Another thing I am going to do is get rid of a lot of my stuff out of the bedroom. I feel like I have piles of something in every corner and its closing in on me. Maybe I can get stuff ready for a garage sale in two weeks and make some money to buy a few outfits for fall!
Yes I am very excited for fall! Anyone have any special trips or plans for this season coming up?
Please share with me if you do!! Would love to hear about special traditions, trips and such for you all!