Tuesday Ramblings: Getting Everything in Order
Okay, everybody… I am really trying to get everything taken care of for my upcoming surgery on October 15th, and let me tell you, there are a LOT of little things that have to be done before you can just show up and have surgery! π
I went to work yesterday, and when I was coming back from my 30-minute lunch break, I got a phone call from Dr. McGorn’s office a little after 11:00 a.m. They were letting me know that the paperwork I had turned in wasn’t complete. It didn’t have anywhere for my doctor to sign.
Well, let me just say… I immediately started stressing because I feel like I am running out of time! π³
So I went over to HR and talked to our scheduling person, Chris, because I swear, I feel like Chris can do pretty much anything. π Unfortunately, he said this was kind of outside his scope. My boss, Sherry, was at lunch, so I went to Shannon, our director, and she said, “You probably need to get back with Christina over at HR in the main office.”
I’m like, “Yes, ma’am. That’s what I’ll do!”
When Sherry got back, I talked to her about it, and she asked me if I had created my UNUM account online.
Ummm… nope. π€¦♀️
She explained that THAT was where the problem was. I needed to create the account, and then UNUM would fax the necessary paperwork over to my doctor’s office.
So, that’s pretty much what I focused on for the rest of my workday. I know how important it is to have all of this paperwork in order before my surgery, especially since I will be relying on my UNUM insurance benefits while I’m off work.
Thankfully, I feel like I finally got everything in a good place.
And just to be extra safe, when I got off work I had two printed pages that Sam had given me, just in case the doctor’s office didn’t receive the faxed copies. So I ran those over to Dr. McGorn’s office and dropped them off for Dr. Angie.
One more thing checked off my list! ✔️
After that, I went over to Grandpa Kendall’s to pick up some money for Aaron, but I also stayed and visited with him for a little while.
He’s really not getting up and down anymore and is pretty much immobile. They brought him a hospital bed, and it’s now set up in the living room.
I don’t know… I just hate watching him go downhill so fast. ❤️
I told him what was going on with me and that I was going to have surgery, and he looked at me and said, “My goodness, I guess everybody’s getting down these days.”
I’m like, “Well, hopefully not!” π Hopefully, once I get mine done, I’ll be good to go and back on my feet.
On the way home, I stopped at Taco Mayo and picked up dinner for us. Nearly $30 for fast food! π³
It absolutely blows my mind how much money we spend on fast food sometimes. But you know what? Sometimes you just have to do what you’ve got to do. When Mr. C isn’t feeling good, picking something up makes things a little easier on him, and sometimes that’s worth it.
And honestly, that’s just the way we do things.
Overall, I felt like yesterday was a pretty good day.
I logged 14 saves at work, which I was really proud of! Although I could already see that four of them didn’t stay on the books, so that was a little disappointing. But in the grand scheme of things, I still had 10 saves that stayed on the books, so I met my daily goal.
I’ll take it! π
So now I’m just continuing to work my way through this list of things that need to be done before October 15th. One day, one phone call, one piece of paperwork at a time.
Hopefully, by the time surgery day gets here, I’ll feel like I’ve got everything under control… or at least as much under control as I possibly can. π
I hope that your day is blessed. Be safe and be well.
Cheers,
Karen ❤️
No comments:
Post a Comment