Friday, November 4, 2011

Garage Sales

This morning I went to a fantastic garage sale!  I bought 2 pieces of Christmas fabric 3 yards each for $2.00!  They are going to look great in my Christmas quilt!! Then I bought 2 large ziplock bags full of Christmas ornaments for 50 cents each. I am going to use them on a wreath I am wanting to make. I just have to buy a green wreath to put it the ornaments on.  Am going to Lawton to Hobby Lobby tonight so hopefully I will find one so I can get started on that. As soon as I find a photo of something similiar I will post it.  Then when I am done with mine you know I will post picture of it! Am getting so excited with Christmas coming! I know how crazy is that?  We haven't even had Thanksgiving yet and I am worried about getting Christmas done.  At the flower shop we already have customers coming in for Christmas decorations. So that means next week we are pulling down Christmas trees and decorations.  Then will spend a week getting the store all ready.  I can't tell you how many trees we end up decorating.  I am trying to talk Tammie into only 2 large trees and a few small trees.  Lets see if I get my way or not.

Since I am at work I am keeping this short for now..Have a blessed day!!  Karen

13 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm from the check out my blog swap (amberrenee)! I just love garage sales! I always find something to ponder over don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I feel the same way about Christmas coming. So much to do, so little time. So fun to find your blog. We are from OKC, but living overseas as missionaries for the last 17 years. Our kids grew up here, but are now back in the U.S. So glad to connect with you. I'm following your blog and would love it if you followed mine. Found you via s-b, comment love blog swap.
    Blessings,
    Coleen in Ukraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen, Anna (mynursecoach) from swap-bot. Sounds like you found great deals on fabrics. I am jealous. I live in NYC and the fabrics I like never go on sale and is way overpriced. I can't wait to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's Jennifer (asma) from S/B. Anyways, I miss garage sales. Where I'm at now they always suck

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Garage-sales are always fun! I love that feeling when you get home and unpack the things you have bought - for barely nothing! Nothing better than making a sweet deal! Mhm .. It's almost as fun as selling stuff yourself! I love sending away clothes I don't use anymore, feels like freedom in an odd way c:

    hugs, Dollythe from Swapbot :>

    ReplyDelete
  7. Garage sales are amazing! I love them, and you can get thee coolest stuff! I can't wait to see the Christmas quit~!

    I am ryuluna from swap-bot~!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love garage sales! you always get to find great stuff at really cheap prices. though i reckon garage sales in the states would be a lot fun than ours. we usually have tons of garage sales that sells clothes... not that i'm complaining. i love buying clothes. :)

    sweetcandylove from swap-bot
    Love Comment Blog ♥ (4)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love garage sales also. Can't wait to see a finished pic of your wreath! I am so not ready for Christmas......... Good luck with your decorating!

    Check out my blog#6
    ByNickiG

    Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh i love garage sales so much!~ and thrift stores and antique stores! there's always something to find for an inexpensive price!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am crazy for garage sales. When people ask me what my favorite season is, I say "garage sale season".
    LOL

    themom223(swapbot)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh goodness. I love love love garage sales. We have gotten some good deals on things recently too. Got a very nice rocking recliner for $10 when we moved into our new house. Also a whole box of books for nearly nothing.

    AJefferson
    Swapbot

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I love garage sale-ing, too! Sounds like you got some great steals. It's fun that I got to see the finished wreath, in your later post. You did a great job! Yup, Christmas is coming. I hope you have a great holiday season!

    - Chelise
    Swapbot

    ReplyDelete