Google+ Followers

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Craft day

This is a simple Horse blanket I made for a very special neice.  I know she is going to love it as much as I do.  It was very simple to make.  Got to love the fast and easy crafts. 



Here is the kitty cat rag top quilt I am currently working on...Actually I have had it for several years and haven't finished it yet.  It is one of my first rag top quilts I started making and I could see it was imperfect and I think it put me off on getting it done.  I know one of my 4 year old neices wouldn't even care that it isn't as great as it could be.  BUT my work has gotten much better thru the years and I should be proud of that fact.  I taught my self to sew and that wasn't a easy project.  I went and bought a cheap sewing machine and read the manual and off I went making rag top lap size quilts for my neices and nephews. 

Went to Dallas Texas today and shopped a little. It's a 3 hour drive for me but usually well worth the trip! I have been hoping I would find a few pieces of material that caught my eye to start making some small totes for the little girls.  Tomorrow I am going to Lawton Okla to see what Joann's might have to offer.  I want some wow factor going on so when they open it they fall in love with it right away.