Saturday, October 22, 2011

Craft day

This is a simple Horse blanket I made for a very special neice.  I know she is going to love it as much as I do.  It was very simple to make.  Got to love the fast and easy crafts. 



Here is the kitty cat rag top quilt I am currently working on...Actually I have had it for several years and haven't finished it yet.  It is one of my first rag top quilts I started making and I could see it was imperfect and I think it put me off on getting it done.  I know one of my 4 year old neices wouldn't even care that it isn't as great as it could be.  BUT my work has gotten much better thru the years and I should be proud of that fact.  I taught my self to sew and that wasn't a easy project.  I went and bought a cheap sewing machine and read the manual and off I went making rag top lap size quilts for my neices and nephews. 

Went to Dallas Texas today and shopped a little. It's a 3 hour drive for me but usually well worth the trip! I have been hoping I would find a few pieces of material that caught my eye to start making some small totes for the little girls.  Tomorrow I am going to Lawton Okla to see what Joann's might have to offer.  I want some wow factor going on so when they open it they fall in love with it right away. 






10 comments:

  1. Hello, I'm your swap partner Eren, you are very creative i loved the blanket with horses i guess your niece will love it too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blankets, I really like the cat one :) I wish I could make quilts and things, I'm just to impatient lol

    Don't forget to post how those totes come out!

    Swap-bot partner - structuredchaos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann221 from swap-bot

    Adore that horse blanket!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Comment Blog ♥ (2) (1/3) Piimanyx
    I like the cat pattern ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are cute...my daughter would love the horse one! :) I'm curious about the specifics of a rag top quilt? I have made little patchwork ones for babies...but nothing too extravagant :) Thanks so much for visiting my blog today! Have a wonderful weekend!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I make the rag top quilt I cut out front and back pieces and layer with the batting and do the simple X from corner to corner and then sew each block together leaving a seam allowance so I can go back and cut my notches into it. I make the rag quilts to fit who ever gets the quilt. These are so simple and easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilts are beautiful! Keep up the good work!

    Springknitter from swapbot

    ReplyDelete
  8. the horse blanket is wonderful! i am envious how crafty you ladies are in swap-bot! i can't wait to see the finished product of your kitty cat rag top quilt. i'm pretty sure it's going to be lovely since it's handmade with love. :)


    sweetcandylove from swap-bot
    Love Comment Blog ♥ (4)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so want to learn to quilt. I have dreams of making everyone I know a quilt to pass down...it is a dream...LOL.

    themom223(swapbot)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow you are so crafty. You quilt too. Nice quilt.

    ReplyDelete