Friday, November 30, 2018

minimalist game

I have decided to take this 30 day challenge head on.  I want to declutter in a huge way.  I have way too many items.  It is time to get rid of items that I am just hanging on to for either sentimental reasons or even just because I might use it later. I have currently lived in our house for 15 years.  I can not even believe the amount of stuff I have acquired.  First and foremost it is overwhelming when I look around the house. 
So I have decided to work on the first week of the challenge.  I knew this part would be easy and painless.  Trying not to stress out is my major goal.  Being stressed is not good for me in any shape or form. So I am going to ease into this challenge very slowly.

First day found this cup.  I will never use it and received it in a swag bag. It is cute but I will donate it to someone who will use it.
One blue cup 

Day 2 of challenge.  I had both of these items on my bar in the kitchen.  Do not need either one of these items.  So they will go in donation pile. 

Two yellow items

Day 3 of the game.  Had these magazines in my mail pile.  I have looked thru them and am done with them.  I will take them to either the hospital or donate to someone who will read them. 

3 magazines 

On day 4 I went thru my cup of pens on my living room end table.  Anyone who knows me at all realizes I love pens of all kinds.  Pencils I never use.  This pen is nearly dry, so time to let it go.  I am donating pencils to a school.  Our planner group is doing a fundraiser for the local schools.
#SWOKPSKARES 

4 writing instruments. 

Day 5 of the challenge.  Miscellaneous items I found on my dresser.  Some of these items are duplicates. I am trying to learn that I don't need multitudes of a item.  Which is a hard thing to wrap my mind around.  As I think all my life I was taught to keep something incase you needed it down the road.  As I have gotten older that is known as being a horder.. Not even joking!  

5 beauty items. 

Day 6 and its getting a little tougher.  I have lots of scents that I do not like.  Unfortunately I have way too many of these scents on hand.  It's time to find them a good home so they can be used.  
6 scentsy melts. 

I have made it to the 7th day.  Haven't had to think to hard about what I need to clear out.  I know the next 7 days will be a bit tougher.  Random items I found in my cabinet.  Most will be donated.  I do have a friend who will use the vanilla I brought back from my last cruise to Cozumel.  

7 items out of my cabinet.  

I am slowly making process and I am really starting to embrace this challenge/game.  Once I complete this challenge I hope to continue to declutter items out of my life.  




No comments:

Post a Comment