Saturday, November 17, 2018

Small coupon haul

Went shopping at Dollar General today.  I used digital coupons.  Am really proud of what I bought for $14.74.  $12.70 for the items and $2.04 for the tax.  I also had bought some cookies that did not make it into the picture.  
Earlier Mr. C. stated we were completely out of laundry soap.  I told him I would see what coupons where available and go shopping.  The savings was $13.25 and I thought that was great. Basically I paid around $1.84 for each item.  SCORE!!! 
I really need to focus on getting back in the groove of using coupons.  Several years ago I was doing so good but kinda lost interest.  What I mean by that is I didn't want to spend hours locating the deals and then driving 35 minutes to town and shopping.  Now that I work in Duncan Okla I have access to the stores.  So I should be taking advantage of the sales and coupons. 
My stock pile has dwindled down to just a few items. I need to replenish personal items and laundry soap and cleaning supplies.  
If I could encourage someone to coupon my words of wisdom would be to take it slowly. Create small hauls first.  Get use to following the rules at each store. Lastly be sure to only buy items you know you will use.  When I first got into using coupons I was buying items that was on sale but no one was using the items.  In fact some are still sitting on my shelves.  So I did not save any money in buying several of these items.  

No comments:

Post a Comment