Monday, November 28, 2011

Monday Ramblings

This is going to be a wonderful day. Mr. C is cooking a Thanksgiving supper for us but especially for his daughter Alisha.  This man is very kind and thoughtful. He tries very hard to do family traditions with her. I remember how hard it was on my brother and I when we were younger and having to be pulled in a million directions.  Mr. C is making sure that his children have memories. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful man in my life. I might better add that he is a awesome cook I do believe he is a better cook than I am. He wanted to make stuffing like his grandma and my grandma made and it turned out super good.  He heated up a spiral ham, green beans and corn, made garlic mashed potatoes and ham gravy, we had cranberry sauce and I made a cherry cake and also deviled eggs.  He cooked all day it seemed and the house was filled with a wonderful aroma. 
sweet cherry cake

                                   Heavenly Cherry Cake

1 box yellow or chocolate cake mix with pudding (Duncan Hines)
1 pkg instant vanilla pudding mix
1 container Cool Whip
1 can cherry pie filling

        Bake cake according to directions. Cool. Mix pudding mix with 1/2 the milk called for. Chill. Pour pie filling over cooked cake evenly.  Mix pudding and Cool Whip gently and spread over pie filling.  Chill and Serve.

This is a very yummy cake and so simple to make. Next time I make it I will take a photo of it and post. I so enjoy going thru old recipe books and trying recipes out.  That is how I have found several of our favorite recipes thru the years.
Christmas Tree & Defocused Lights Blue Candles and Ornaments Sitting in Snow Christmas decoration with glasses of champagne 
Can you believe it is almost December? I am so not ready for Christmas!  I need to get my Christmas Dcorations out and get them up.  I do believe that I will do that Monday coming up.  I won't have much time till Christmas because I am going to be at the flower shop nearly every day.  Not that I mind that means more Christmas presents for the family. 

Stockings On Mantelpiece
       
Talk to ya soon!! 
                       

Christmas gift and baubles on defocused lights background

3 comments:

  1. I wish I had a man who could cook I absolutly HATE cooking and I certaily ca'nt bake you are so lucky !!blackbird 4 swapbot -gain comments I also followed your blog so I can come back for a good read

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the recipes you post! They are so simple but sounds incredibly delicious! Yum!!

    mag // Gain Blog Readers and Comments

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband loves to cook too!! He's been making a lot of things lately. He usually does meat and grills, but he's ventured into casseroles and pie crusts...which I used to make some pies. Thanks for the recipe too I'm going to save it and try it out!

    Posting comment from swapbot:
    [Quick] Love Comment Blog ♥ (2)
    Username: shelbysbarn

    ReplyDelete