Wednesday, November 30, 2011

New tablet

My boys bought me a G Slate tablet from Tmobile for Christmas. I am loving it and seem to be on it too much. I had been thinking I wanted a Ipad but am very happy with this one.
Homescreen on Apple iPad

Took Blake to look at guns yesterday. He is wanting a small handgun, I think it a waste of money. He should get the rifle he wants or a assult rifle.  I get the final say as I am the one who is buying it for his Christmas gift.  I am not fond of guns but my boys use them, mainly for target practice or deer hunting.
Truth of the matter is that guns scare me.  I have had my 380 semi~automatic hand gun for awhile now and have yet to shoot it.  Much to my boys dismay.  Blake bought it for my birthday last year.  For Christmas this year he was looking at a pink assult rifle for me.  Really? Can't he just buy me a $500.00 piece of jewelry instead ( I would promise to wear it often)!!  Mr. C would flip out if I came home with a assult rifle, he wouldn't like it very much at all!  Am thinking it would have to stay with Blake.
gun with bullets on steel
Haven't been very creative lately.  Have been in several large Christmas Card swaps on swap~bot.  I have sent out about 30 cards so far.  I love to place the cards on the back of a door in the shape of a tree.. It is something I have done for years.  I need to get family Christmas Cards made out and sent as well! 
Christmas Decoration     Christmas card
My Bailey Church Secret Sis party is this Sunday from 2 ~ 4.  I have been doing this the last 4 years and so enjoy it.  We spend about $100.00 on our secret sis.  No one really sends anything during the year but brings all gifts to church. It kinda snuck up on me this year. But I do believe that I will be ready come Sunday.   We also take a toy for a child at church and a finger food.  I also am taking our two hostess a small thank you gift. Cherrie and I hosted it 3 years ago and they really gave us some cool hostess gifts. Usually you can either bring a toy or a hostess gift.  It is up to the members and usually they bring both. I am so excited to be part of this wonderful group of ladies.

                                         Peanut Butter Candy Balls

1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 1/4 cup cramy peanut butter
6 oz melting chocolate for dipping

     Blend together sugar, peanut butter, and graham cracker crumbs. Form mixture into 3/4 inch balls.  Chill untl firm.  Melt dipping chocolate in microwave on High for 2 minutes.  Dip peanut butter balls into melte chocolate.  Store in an airtight container.
Homemade Peanut Butter Chocolate Balls
It is time for candy and cookie making!  My boy's Aunt Ginger (on their dad's side) always made a huge container of goodies for her siblings.  Then Diane (boy's step~grandma) on dad's side would always make fudge and cookies.  Am thinking this should be the year I make some special treats for different family members. Just don't think I could go wrong with this recipe and I know my boys would love it!! 

                          Christmas Decorated Cookie Plate Hz

6 comments:

  1. This recipe sounds great!! I know people complain about all the sugary treats during the holidays, but that's one of my favorite things about the season.
    see you on SB!
    Candace - knclodge
    (SB - gain blog readers and comments swap)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I love peanut butter! And this recipe looks pretty easy too. It's going on my list of things to try. Thanks for sharing (:

    mag // Gain Blog Readers and Comments

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to save this recipe too! How delicious! How are you liking your tablet? I want an iPad 2 but my husband is trying to convince me to get a different much cheaper version. I am just afraid it won't be as good, but how is yours?

    Posting comment from swapbot:
    [Quick] Love Comment Blog ♥ (2)
    Username: shelbysbarn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my G Slate!! Am thinking I have got my money's worth already. My brother has the I pad 2 and he loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the tablet! Mine has consumed my life, especially since I can pinterest on it. Oh my. And thank you for sharing the recipe, they sound delicious, I can't wait to try them!

    Love Jenn - dally from Swap-bot Check Out My Blog #8 Swap

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have great recipes on your blog. Can't wait to try them out! This is definitely one of my favourites because it has peanut butter and chocolate.

    Also, I think it is a lovely idea to paste Christmas cards on the door in the shape of a Christmas tree. I might try to do so next year! So far, my cards only hang on a length of twine across the living room so it's about time I try something else. Thanks for the idea!

    mag
    swapbot // check out my blog #8

    ReplyDelete