Thursday, July 27, 2017

Bingo Night!!

Ms.. Shirley 

The last Thursday of every night the Senior Citizens has a bingo night.  Ms. Shirley 
 asked me if I wanted to go with her.  I said sure sounds like you will have a great time.  I was going to read a book while she played.. Well that didn't happen as I ended up playing.  Well let me tell you these older folks take this game way serious!! I had fun playing as well as watching how everyone interacted with the others.  

Shirley and me

I couldn't go without taking a selfie of us now could I?  At 50 years old I do believe I was the youngest one there... Although Vonda was there with her mon and she is 5 years older than me.  What is age thou?  Shirley had a great time and it got her out of her house for several hours.
I hope we remember to attend next month!! 


Shirley waiting on the bingo lady to start calling out the numbers.  Unfortunately we didn't win a prize but still had the best time ever!  Let me tell you the prizes they had wasn't too shabby at all. I saw a pretty necklace, a couple of tote bags, household items as well as some tools.  Several cool items I would have liked myself.  In fact I am thinking if I see some nice gifts on sale I might just pick up to take to put on the gift table.  
Entertainment that is free that includes lots of visiting and laughter equals a perfect evening.  Sometimes I believe we forget that we don't have to pay large amounts of money to have a good time.  This night was the perfect example of having a good time for no cost.  They even had drinks and cookies!  Although if I go back next month I think I will take a bottle of Coke and a package of my favorite cookies.  They had Pepsi but I am a Coke gal.  The cookies they provided was more of a dry variety where I like Oreos or Chocolate chip cookies.  Yes I might be a tad bit picky.  Although I would share my goodies with the others. 
Hanging with Ms. Shirley has been so good for my soul.  She fills a void in my heart that has been empty since my mom and grandma passed in 2010.





No comments:

Post a Comment