Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Get well flowers

My step mom (Karen Sue) brought these gorgeous flowers to me.  They are from her and my brothers.  I was totally blown away by them thinking of me.  She works at a flower shop in the next town over from us.  She has worked there for years.  I miss working at the flower shop myself.  I worked at the other shop in Marlow, Oklahoma. 

Went over to see Brody’s boys.  Landon is a sweet little toddler.  Since I’ve been home on leave I have spent more time with them.  Which has helped bring us closer.  I’m normally at work when Luther watches them.  So I miss out on lots of fun stuff. 

How many of us forget to do self care?  I know there are times that I forget to take care of myself first.  Today I had Luther help apply a much needed hair mask.  I also did a face mask. I will be so ready for a full set of nails and a pedicure.  Once released from Dr Nolan’s care that will be my first stop.  I have a gift certificate from my favorite place Uptown Nails.  I really like Jon and have gone to him for years.  
What does a self care day look like for you?  I know everyone has different needs for their own self care days.  Some days it’s me on the loveseat with a good book and hot chocolate.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment