Friday, July 13, 2012

Missing my youngest son

Trevor went to spend a week with hisUncle Eddie and his cousins. He left last Sunday and wasonly going to be gone one week. I was going to go get him this weekend. Well that sure didn't happen...He is staying till July 24th and his Aunt Ginger is going to Lubbock Texas and will bring Trevor back with her.  Which is great, but it seems like a long time for my 13 year old to be away from home. No  he won't get homesick at all. It's all me missing him.
I haven't been to work in weeks or at least it feels like it.  Summer months at flower shop is normally slow, so I am not to excited about not working. Have been taking advantage of my free time. Which means I have been taking advantage of that by working on friendship books, working on swaps for swap bot, mailing out postcards for postcrossing and writing pen pal letters. I had been wantingto join walltype for awhile. They finally opened up membership and I got excepted! Sent off my first postcard today! Over there you can send off one postcard a day, which is awesome. On postcrossing I can only have 10 postcards traveling at one time.  Which means I have 10 out right now, hopefully a few will get registered soon.
Everyone have a wonderful and safe weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Karen!
    What is this "Walltype" that you speak of?
    Is it a website? I'd like to know more about it! It sounds like something similiar to postcrossing!
    I am also sorry you have to be missing your boy for so long!!! That is a long time for a 13 year old to be away from home but I am sure he is in good hands! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better in doing crafts and writing mail while your son is away! :) I love to write to people especially when I feel down or also even happy! :) I love postcrossing too! It seems Walltype is something new :)

    xoxo,
    Din,
    your partner in Follow Me swap :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. post crossing sounds like a ton of fun! I'm definitely going to have to check it out!!! Thanks for sharing about it!

    Stopping by from Follow Me #3 :)

    -Jessica (sewinlove)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just joined Postcrossing last weekend and so far it has been a great experience ! But what is Walltype? Is it similar to Postcrossing ?
    I think your son is in good hands thus you don't need to worry too much, let him have a bit fun! :) And you can have your own fun doing swaps and writing letters!

    -Jungpo,
    your Followe Me #3 -partner :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't bear for my children to be away from me, but when I get used to the idea, I do so enjoy some time alone - especially to catch up on my crafting without little hands getting involved! I don't know how you find the time to write so many postcards though (:
    x rubyrose

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is nothing better than mail in your mailbox from your loved ones!
    Follow Me Swap partner

    ReplyDelete