Friday, July 20, 2012

Aurora Theater Tragedy

Oh my goodness my heart is breaking for everyone.  I can't understand why a 24 year old man would shoot and kill inside a movie theatre. I have shed tears and I don't normally cry. As a mom this hits so close to my heart.  I so hope at some point the shooter will share why he would murder and shoot children and adults he did not know.   Are we going to be scared of going out in large crowds? Sure makes one wonder how safe we are in a world of unstable people.  I for one do not want to be afraid of what ifs. But as a responsible person and mom I do believe we need to be aware of our surroundings.
Again I want to say my thoughts and prayers are going out to everyone who this tragedy has touched in one way or another. God bless America!

2 comments:

  1. I don't understand why people do the things they do. The only good thing, is that the shooter didn't end up killing himself, or resisting, and ended up dead. Maybe eventually we can find out from him why he chose to do what he did.

    I know I had second thoughts about going out this weekend and seeing a movie. Part was because I didn't want to deal with crowds, and part was because I didn't want to risk a copycat. And when I found out they'd arrested someone as a potential copycat, I felt a little better about not going. But I don't want to be a hostage in my own home.

    Follow me #3 - smadronia

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't do crowds much but when we do I always am checking out the surroundings. We live in a rural area where we know most everyone, bit you never know when one will crack.

    ReplyDelete