Saturday, August 4, 2012

Freezer Meals Anyone?

Lately I can't stop reading blogs about freezer meals. I am not the sort of gal who wants to cook all day and put up a bunch of meals at once. So instead I am doubling a few recipes and freezing here and there.  Today I have been hunting down some recipes I would like to try. I usually double my recipe of mexican casserole and freeze it.  Sure makes my evening meal easy when I have planned ahead.
Does anyone else do this on a regular basics? What are some of your favorite freezer meals?
Am back on my diet. Went to Dr. Steve to get my high blood pressure pills and have gained 7 pounds since last October!! Ouch that sure hurt my feelings! So now I must get back on track. I had lost 20 pounds since October but gained them plus 7 back. I knew it but didn't stop eating long enough to do anything about it was creeping on me. As in I didn't feel well, had headaches and most important my clothes weren't fitting anymore. Dr. Steve told me to get up off my rear and start walking! I fully intend to get moving!

6 comments:

  1. I've wanted to do freezer meals for years, but either my job or my ambition was always getting in the way. I should do what you do, and make a double of some things, and then freeze the extra.

    I made tv dinners for my grandmother in the past. She loves my baked ravioli, and so I used to make it, and portion it out in little containers, so when she was hungry, all she had to do was heat and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never made baked ravioli. Am going to look a recipe up. I buy ravioli in a can..lol Have been looking for new recipes that I think my family would like.
    I know buying in bulk would save me money in the long term. We tend to buy grocerys every few days. That is one reason I would to get some freezer meals prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone has setbacks, I wouldn't worry about it as long as you keep moving forward.

    I've never done freezer meals before but I really want to. I don't think I'd mind that much cooking all day if it saved me in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if I could stay focused long enough to do all cooking in one day. I think I should start out in baby steps and work up. BUT if I could find a gf to come over and help or even make her own meals that would probably get me to change my mind. One step at a time is my motto. Adorably Dead go check out the freezer cooking blogs! I do believe it would help us save money in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll toot my own horn, and provide you with an awesome recipe :)

    http://www.smadronia.com/baked-ravioli.html

    It's awesome, and my family will devour it. Like, I used a Costco bag of ravioli, and a giant Costco sized jar of sauce, and there's nothing left.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing recipe! Am headed over to your blog to get recipe. Do you think it would freeze good?

    ReplyDelete