Monday, June 25, 2012

Magnetic Make~up board

Do you ever see crafts on Pinterest and think I can do this? Well this is one of them crafts that I saw recently and went for it.  It turned out wonderful! I painted my frame a brown and used brown and aqua fabric.  I hung it up in our bathroom.   I so want to make some of these for gifts for my nieces. They will make excellent Christmas gifts.  Mr. C. even helped me with the project.  This is a project that YOU can do!! So what are you waiting for get a used or old picture frame, get to a hardware store have them cut you a piece of sheet metal the size you need, get some heavy magnets,  hot glue glun, fabric of your choice, spray paint of your choice.  I sprayed my frame 2 days before I started on project wanted it nice and dry.  Went to our local hardware store and had Greg cute me a piece to fit in my frame, got it for $2.00. went to walmart to get brown spray paint, and my fabric.  I already had hot glue gun and heavy duty magnets at the house.  If I hadn't wanted to match the bathroom I could have used some fabric I had on hand. I spent about $12.00 total on this project.  I still have almost a full can of brown spray paint and lots of fabric left. I had bought a yard of material and only used a 16 X 24 piece of fabric. I had found my frame at the flower shop in the back and asked Tammie if I could have it and of course she said yes.  I will go hunting at goodwill for some cheap frames soon!  This didn't take a long time to do at all. Am thinking I have less than 2 hours invested in this project.
Do you have a easy craft you want to share with me? I would love for you to share them with me?


6 comments:

  1. This sounds neat but I have wayyy to much make up. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used a 16x23 frame and it didn't hold all my make up but it sure makes a statement in our bathroom. I went and bought 2 more frames to make more! I put my main products I used and alot of my eyeshadows so I wouldn't have to dig for them. Can't wait to get my computer fixed so I can post pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought about doing this project as well. Don't you love Pinterest?

    FM#3-Zefaniya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pinterest is awesome! A couple of nights ago I went to my SIL's house and she was making a cake she had found off pintetest! Plan on making it myself as it looked awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you had fun. Hope you put it to good use.
    JustIngrid - Follow Me #3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lobe how it looks in our bathroom! I plan on making a few smaller ones for gifts.

    ReplyDelete