Friday, February 22, 2013

After The Rush

I am so glad Valentine's week is over.  We worked many long hard hours.  I am always amazed at the amount of money people spend on their loved ones for Valentine's Day.  Mr. C. and I have always skipped this celebration as far as buying flowers and candy and such.  Although he does give me money to go pick out something special.  This year I just put the money up and am saving toward a mini vacation for us.  I always try to put a junk bucket together for him.  He says he doesn't like it but deep down I know he appreciates the thought.  I bought him a big bottle of Crown Royal, a 6 pack of beer, then a heart candy of chocolate, pretzels and assorted "man junk food".  I took the heart candy of chocolate for myself...lol.  He barely made it home for Valentine's night..got in around 9:45 pm.  I sure was glad to see him come thru the door.  The week he is gone is sooo long and lonely.

I finally made my homemade laundry soap! It was easy and fast to make.
                        Homemade Laundry Soap
2 cups of Borax
2 cups of Arm and Hammer Washing Soda
1 big bar of Zote (which I grated using my hand grater)
1/2 cup of oxyclean

Mixed all ingredients together then I put a cup at a time in my blender to make the pink zote pieces smaller.  Then I put in a quart mason jar and assorted containers. 
I will only use 2 tablesppons at a time.
So then I used it in a load of laundry..the clothes came out clean but didn't have the smell good that I like to smell.  so back to Wal-Mart I went to get some Gain crystals to put in my wash.  That should do the trick to make my clothes smell awesome.  Wish I had made this stuff before now.
           
I just wanted to say hi to everyone and hope your weekend is full of love and laughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment