Saturday, February 23, 2013

Saturday Shopping Day!

This morning I got up and cleaned house and then wanted to get on the road and head to Oklahoma City to do some shopping.  I called my baby brother Tyler to see if he wanted to go and he was down here with my step mom (his momma).  So then I called my older brother Stacy and he said he would go so I picked him up and off we went.  We went to several stores and I didn't find what I was looking for...I am wanting to redo my bedroom ALL the way new decor, different comforter set and sheets and a small area rug.  Couldn't believe I had no luck at all.  Stacy found some western boots at Shepler's he wanted on sale for $150.00.  So he was happy.  The good news is I still have money burning a hole in my pocket.  I am determined not to spend it just to be spending.  I need to make a trip to Kirklands and Burlington Coat Factory soon. 

About 6 pm I took him to Chili's to eat.  I was starving!! I had the cajun chicken pasta and it was very yummy!


I got home around 8:30 pm and a few dollars poorer... I do believe I am doing well on saving money.

Sealed Pot Challenge
I have seen this on other blogs but didn't want to join it officially so I started me one but its not sealed.  I need to look at the amount of money I am saving.  Being that I am a visual person and all.  I had to get in it awhile back so I could give Aaron $80.00 for some audio equipment in his truck. I haven't replaced it as of yet. I do have over $50.00 cash and not sure how much change in it right now.  What am I saving it for you ask? I have no ideal but am sure the boys will let me know at some point.

I took a butter container and wrapped it with duct tape cutting out a hole in the top for my money.  Works really well for me.  I may try to make a pretty container as I can tell I am going to need a bigger one if I keep saving change the way I have been since December.  My goal is $400.00 by the end of the year. 

Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment