Saturday, March 25, 2017

EL Paso Texas

.  
Am so excited am headed to El Paso Texas! I haven't seen my brother in several years.  My Aunt Kathy and cousin Brenda went with me.   We laughed and joked and had a great road trip.  It took us 10 hours to drive to EL Paso Texas.  We left Friday night and drove about 5 hours and stopped and got a room.  We needed some much needed rest.  I had worked all day and was ready for some shut eye.  Wanted to be able to function Saturday!

 
My cousin Brenda.  She is a big ole kid at heart.  She is a teacher for toddlers and I swear that keeps her young spirit alive.  At this point in my life I feel like I tend to look for the fun in everyday life experiences.  When I am around her the joy she has for life is contagious. 

When we get to El Paso we drive straight to the hospital to see my brother Stacy.  The great news is they are releasing him today.  He will have a home nurse come do daily visits to check his leg and give him his medications. 

Rick my brother's husband

 
Brenda not wanting her picture taken!
While they were getting ready to release Stacy we decided to grab a bite at Denny's.  I hadn't ate at Denny's in so very long.  It was actually very good! 
 
Aunt Kathy and me.
I hate getting my picture taken but have decided that I want some memories when I get older and forget what I actually did when I was younger.  Yikes 49 years old isn't young anymore is it? lol

Stacy getting released from hospital.
When we got back to hospital they were ready to let him leave with us.  Anyone who knows my brother he doesn't follow instructions real well.  He wanted to take us around El Paso to see some sights.  We talked him into going home so we could visit and relax for a while.

Rick and Stacy had been wanting to try this Mexican restaurant.  It was okay but not my favorite.  Probably due to the fact I am Tex~Mex all the way.  This was definitely the real deal. 

 
When we finished we went for a drive up the mountain to view El Paso at night. What a beautiful view.  I wish my phone camera would have taken better shots of the incredible view.  This was a great way to end our night.  The wind was blowing and it was chilly.  Perfect weather.










No comments:

Post a Comment