Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Swap bot mail day!!

As you may know I am really into swap~bot. I spend a lot of time looking at swaps to enter and also looking at profiles with blogs. It keeps me entertained:)

Today I received 2 swaps. One was for a book swap. The book I ended up with is Club Dead by Charlaine Harris. She is a favorite author of mine. I can't wait to start reading it, which will be tonight while Mr. C is watching his daughter cheer at a football game. I am going to grab a glass of wine and settle in on the love seat and read for a couple of hours.

The other swap I received was a private swap I did with PATUMMA. Wow I was blew away with all the goodies she sent me. The cute pink princess box with a rubber stamp set, with blank cards to use, also there was princess items in there as well. The box was completely full of goodness. I could tell she really read my profile and wanted to put a smile on my face. She hit my likes completely on the head. Thanks to both ladies very much!

Have been reading several new blogs today. I am amazed at how creative they are. I hope as time goes by my blog will grew as I learn to be more interesting.

I recieved this recipe with my book swap and wanted to share it with you ladies. It sounds wonderful for a cool fall evening. I am all about easy receipes.

County Chicken Chowder

Ingredients:
2 TBS butter
1 1/2 lbs chicken tenders, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
2 cans (10 3/ oz each) crean if potato soup, undiluted
2 small onions, chopped
2 ribs celery, sliced
2 small carrots, sliced
2 cups frozen corn
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 tsp dried dill weed
1/2 cup half and half

Directions:

Melt butter in a large skillet. Add chicken; cook until browned. Add cooked chicken, onions, celery, carrots, corn, soup, chicken broth and dill to slow cooker.

Cover and cook on LOW 3~4 hours or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.

Turn off heat; stir in half and half. Cover and let stand 5 to 10 minutes or just until heated through.


Doesn't that sound so very yummy? I am thinking I may go get the items tonight and put it on so it will be ready after the games tonight.

Mr. C bought us a new 42" flat screen TV and entertainment center this past Friday. We are loving it very much. We are down to buying a new bedroom suite and we should be done with furniture. We furnished one room at a time, which worked for our budget. I may end up having to buy Trevor a new bedroom suite but that will be in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment