Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Memories

Sometimes I wonder how my brother and I have such different memories of our mom.  We were raised together but totally recall the past very different.  Tonight he posted a recipe he said mom use to make, I do not ever remember her making it.  I'm sure she must have cooked it but why don't I remember? Makes me sad to think I'm forgetting some of the past.  Sure wish I had wrote down more of her history including recipes and such.  I remember my dad always saying you can't redo your past, he sure hit that one out of the ballpark! I need to find a few old recipes dad made as well.  I would like to put together a cookbook of family favorites for my boys.  Just so they could have a taste of the   past.  Of course right now it might not mean much to them but later on it might.

No comments:

Post a Comment