Monday, September 23, 2013

Failed recipe

I tried a new recipe that I got off of a boneless pork chop package. I must admit it tasted alright but it's not something I would cook again. We would rather have regular ole fried pork chops. The recipe I tried was Autumn Apple Chops Autumn Apple Chops 4 pork chops, 3/4-inch thick 1 Tbsp. Flour ( I used about 3 Tbsp's) 2 tsp butter 1/2 onion, sliced 1cup apple juice Season flour with salt and pepper; lightly flour pork chops and brown on one sidein butter in non stick skillet over medium heat. Turn chops;stir in onion and apple juice; bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer for 7-8 minutes until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145f, followed by a 3 minute rest time. Serves 4. I just didn't like it much at all. I don't cook a lot of pork chops at home, so this was a experiment that went ok. Was just missing the WOW factor. We all know some recipes we try are so very yummy and others not so much. At least I was trying to be creative in the kitchen! I am going to try another recipe called Cowboy Cornbread. I had some at work and it was very good and seemed easy to make. Well friends I am going to close for now! Have a awesome fun filled day!

No comments:

Post a Comment