Friday, June 9, 2017

Headed to Galveston



I love going to Galveston Texas!  If  you have been reading my blog for a couple of years you know that this is one of my favorite weekend get a way.  It takes about 8 hours to get to Galveston from Oklahoma.  Plus we get to stop by and visit with my Aunt Ginger and Uncle David. 
Once I see this bridge I know I am on the home stretch to a fun time.  Do you have a favorite get a way? If so I would love to hear about it.





Waiting to board the ferry.  I enjoy riding this ferry and looking for dolphins and other sea life.  Being on the water is calming.  I always feel at peace with my self when I am on this ferry. 



I can't even begin to tell you how many times I have been on the ferry here in Galveston.  I do believe the best part is it's totally free.  When my boys were younger they enjoyed the ferry as much as I did.  When they knew we were going to Galveston that is something they always asked to do first.  The second was ride the big bikes along the seawall.  Lot's of great memories was made here in Galveston. 

No comments:

Post a Comment