Saturday, March 16, 2024

Balancing life

This picture spoke volumes to my soul. Life can be a balancing act.  Sometimes I feel like I have lost my priorities.  I’m needing to be more active instead of a couch potato.  I really enjoyed my morning walks then it got too cold.  Now that it is getting Spring time I need to incorporate that back in my daily life.  

I use to be big on having pen pals and I quit writing all but 2 or 3 pals.  So I did take action to get a few more pals. I sent out 6 letters yesterday.  Yea me!  I have had pen pals for most of my life.  I love getting happy mail.  
I also enjoy journaling.  Really want to start journaling several times a week in my personal journal.  I haven’t updated my journal for months.  Doesn’t have to be anything special, just an overview of my day.  

I want to find cute shops and coffee shops here in Oklahoma.  I really don’t have any friends that would go with me.  So I feel like that holds me back.  Farmers markets are a favorite of mine. I think last year I went to one in Chickasha Oklahoma.  The homegrown vegetables has a much better taste to them. 

I need and want to spend more time with grandchildren.  They grow up so fast.  Making memories with them are so important.  I spent lots of time with my grandma Pearl (my mother’s mom.)  Not so much with my dad’s mom.  Feel like I missed out on a lot on that side. 

I also want to get back to cooking more here at the house.  Mr. C. Does the majority of the cooking since he is retired.  If he isn’t able to cook due to his health issues then I pick up fast food.  I get off work early enough I could cook an easy meal.  For several years I said I was going to have some dump and go crockpot meals in freezer.  I haven’t made that a priority.  

I will spend hours on YouTube or Tic Toc.  Why am I wasting so much time when I could be using it for better things?  I don’t have that answer at this point.  What I can tell you I am going to make changes starting this week.  
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment