Saturday, March 9, 2024

Daylight savings time




I am not sure why we still have Daylight Savings Time in place. Like it or not it’s that time once again. Time to roll your clocks up a hour this coming Sunday.  All our manual clocks will be set forward before we go to bed Saturday night.  This switch always throws my body routine off for at least a week.  

Do you make any changes to your routine before time springs forward?  I do know there is several things to help compensate for the time change. Such as going to bed 20 minutes early for several nights, avoiding any extra naps before bedtime.  It will also help if your bedroom is dark.  My doctor told me a while back to avoid the use of electronic devices at least 1 hour before bedtime.  Of course I do not do this as I like to read till I am sleepy.  

Take advantage of the later evenings.  This is definitely a perk of DST.  After work it gives me time to pick up the yard, pull weeds or just sit outside around our fire pit.  I know getting outside helps my mental state.  Just knowing that summer will be here soon is great.  


No comments:

Post a Comment