Friday, December 16, 2011

Frugal Update

Well I am going to have to admit that I have done nothing to be frugal this week!  Not even one tiny change at all!  Now how in the world am I going to get some money paid toward the $4100.00 bill if I am not doing anything different? 

Am going to go Christmas shopping this weekend at Dallas Texas. I can't wait because I have been wanting to go for awhile.  I want to go to Harry Hines Blvd and go to the huge fabric store, a purse store and a western store.  Then will go on to Grapevine Outlet Mall.  Am hoping my friends Leona and Michael Ann will go with me.  I don't have a lot to buy but just want to see what I might have missed for my 3 boys.
Shopping pretty woman    Bryant Park Holiday Shops Manhattan  paper bags  buy toys Christmas shopping fantasy

I adopted a senior citizen for Christmas.  I asked James (manager of the Senior Citizen's center).  He told me to get stuff they could use like dish soap and hairbrush and laundry soap and such.  So I will get that picked up this weekend as well.  The sooner I can get it bought and wrapped the better off I will be.  The gifts need to be there by this coming Tuesday.  I plan on putting it in a basket and making it look cute.
For the silent auction at the auto show, or your car buff buddy!  This basket may include:  Chamois, Turtle Wax, Hot Wheels, window cleaner/wipes, bug remover, tire shine, sponge, air freshener, scrub brush, tire pressure guage, fuzzy dice, absorbent towels.  GLAM UP YOUR BASKET with gift certificates for car washes or oil changes.

Well I have done nothing creative for awhile.  Although I have been organizing some closets and dressers.  I think that is lifting a load off my shoulders.  Does anyone know how many clothes is too many for one person?  I have clothes in 4 closets and 2 full dressers, that could be a bit excessive I am thinking! Would like to scale down to 2 closets(spring/summer in one closet and fall/winter in one closet) and one dresser.  That would be so awesome!!  Would loe to have this closet from California Closets!!


Isn't this a gorgous closet?  This would take care of my problem for sure!!

This is my comforter set that Mr C. bought me awhile back. I am still loving it very much!! I just need the headboard to go with it!


I am now trying to talk Mr. C. into buying the western bedroom suite.  I haven't gave up yet!  He keeps asking me when did we go western? I just love the western look with the stars.
I am still trying to get my bedroom organized and straightened.  I am proud of what I have got done so far!

Have a great weekend everyone!  I know that I plan on it!! 




5 comments:

  1. I've got the same problem with clothes as you do! It's one of the projects I have for the next month - clean out my closets and donate and least 4 bags (for my whole family) to Goodwill or somewhere similar. I'm trying to be frugal for more than money. :) I look forward to reading more of your blog!

    -- Amber (PisceanMama for the Gain Blog Readers swap on Swap-Bot)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I'm your partner for Gain Blog Readers and Comments. Hello again! It's so nice to see you. I love your blog. I love this closet too, I need some MAJOR help organizing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if your willing to donate to strangers and there the right sizes , i know a few families who recently lost everything.

    love your blog btw


    Gain Blog Readers and Comments - bluecrayons

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I great idea, "adopting" a senior. I've never heard of doing such a thing, but next Christmas I'll have to see if any homes around me do that. It's so sad to think about the seniors who are all alone, with no family who visit. :( It is wonderful of you to make their day a little brighter.

    Love Jenn - dally from Swap-bot Check Out My Blog #8 Swap

    ReplyDelete
  5. Over here in Singapore, we have the adopt an elderly program. I found it wonderful to sponsor an elderly for a year! What a great Christmas gift (:

    Also, I really do need that wardrobe to store all my clothes. My cupboards and dresser are all filled to the brim that some clothes are stored in bags! Last year, I held a flea market to get rid of the clothes I have not worn for ages, and despite cleaning out a cupboard, I managed to fill it up again within 6 months! You can never have too many clothes ;)

    Now, if only I had more space in my room for a wardrobe like that..

    mag
    swapbot // check out my blog #8

    ReplyDelete