Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Grateful Wednesday

This morning as I was getting ready for the day about 8am I hear this car beeping its horn urgently outside my front door.  I go look out and it is my mail lady.  She normally doesn't show up till 12pm or so.  I say to her why are you so darn early? I have packages for you and wanted to catch up before you left for the day.  It was our new 32 inch flatscreen TV for our bedroom and a new sony dvd player we had ordered.  I just ordered it last week using Mr. C's safety bonus.  Now we are just waiting for the 27 inch flatscreen to arrive.  We bought it for Alisha's room. 
Mail Delivery
So I am very grateful to our mail lady that is always going above the call of duty for her rural customers.  She has taken very excellent care of me and my precious mail! If I have big packages or lots of mail she will bring to my front door for me.  I realize small town rural carriers aren't all as wonderful as my carrier.
Delivery worker delivers packages
I have bought a plate and glass to make a cute plate stand...When I start it I will make sure to get photos of it.  That is if it turns out like it should.   I also am hunting up old brass candlesticks to spray paint and make a tabletop arrangement.  I seen a gorgous one on a blog and want to try and make one similiar. 
Cupcake selection  Thought this was a cute cake stand that I found the photo for off of Stock Photography. 

I am going to take some photos and get them posted soon!!

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have a wonderful mail lady. Mine isn't that nice sadly. Last week at first I got a package but in my mailbox, which stuck out half, so everybody could have taken it, the next day I find a note in my mailboy ordering me to pick up a package in the post office. When I got it, I recognized, it was even a little smaller, than the one from the other day.

    (pocci - Gain Blog Readers and Comments Swap)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter had a friend in college named Jeremy Grigsby. Any relation?

    Having a good mail carrier is wonderful. Seems they are harder to find, especially in big cities like Miami.

    I'm following here too! -hollychihuahua / Gain Blog Readers on S-B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mail lady sounds lovely! The guy who delivers our stuff is super too. We always get him a bottle of wine for Christmas ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do feel blessed to have wonderful mail carriers! I never thought about getting them something for Christmas, great ideal Anne!

    LolaI have no ideal about being related to Jeremy.. I may have to look into that for my boys.

    Oh no Pocci that would make me upset about having to retrieve a smaller box, after she stuffed the larger one in box. Our mailbox isn't very big and a lot of times they will bring packages to house or leave package so it is safe on porch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For a moment I completely read that as the cat is beeping it's horn. XD

    Cute blog and I like the recipes you have scattered about. Think I'll stay for a bit. :p

    Also, you have an awesome mailwoman. I've never had one of them do that for me.

    Adorably Dead - (Gain comments and readers) swapbot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mail lady sounds awesome! My postman is great as well, he always beeps when he puts letters in my mailbox because he know I look forward to them everyday.

    And I can't wait to see your cupcake stand! I love them so much I would own every single one I can get my hands on if I could.

    mag
    swapbot // check out my blog #8

    ReplyDelete