Sunday, December 11, 2011

Frugal week begins!

I have to be frugal till I get a $4100.00 bill paid off. Not sure I can pay $600.00 a month on it but that is my goal. The sooner I get it done the better! This is where I will say that I am going to start listing some of my items on ebay and craigslist and put books on a website to sell. I have to displine myself and that will bite.  Mr. C says I already pinch pennies even thou he says we don't have.  I haven't used coupons in years so that is one habit I am going to try to start doing again. I already shop Ross's and Big lots and Walls. I also shop wholesale at Dallas Tx, and at Marlow Floral. I always look for the best buy for my money.  When grocery shopping in our rural area we have small grocery store and Dollar General, unless I want to drive 25 miles to Homeland or Walmart. So I feel as if I am a smart shopper to a degree. My craft supplies I do use JoAnn coupons. Also I go to Basket Market in Oklahoma City, it is a huge place that sells Hobby Lobby discontinued items and samples.  It is a awesome place for crafters to shop!
Piggy Bank with blackboard    Piggy bank with dollars banknotes  Cut Costs - Euro  Clipping Coupons

     My big splurges is I drive to Elk City and stay  several nights at a hotel every other week.  So I probably will still go but only stay one night. At least till I get this bill paid down. So here I go to frugal land! Wish me lots of luck because this will be the hardest  goal I have set for myself besides losing weight!! Which by the way that weight loss thing hasn't been working out to well for me! Because I haven't put my 100 % into it at this point. 

Luxury Bedroom XXXL
At swap bot I am in a swap with 12 partners to gain blog followers.  I have so enjoyed looking at everyone's blogs.  So many different styles and so many very talented and creative.  I must I must try harder to be more creative! I tend to like doing easy and fast crafts. 
Inbox Mail - Mailbox
Well I am going for now! 






























5 comments:

  1. I am sure you will be OK. My goodness, that is a rather expensive bill!

    You guys are so lucky in the US because you have things like coupons all the time! Here in the UK people do not like to give things away, although the supermarkets do discount...although usually not at this time of year.

    Your blog looks really cute. I have followed you! :o)

    Gain Blog Readers and Comments - smilernpb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a solid plan. Good luck. I need to get back in to using coupons more myself. I've fallen out of the habbit. I used to really enjoy scoring a great coupon deal.
    Glory (Sauterelle) from Swapbot

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a huge bill; I hope you manage to meet your target at paying it off! I am frugal all the time - once I started to buy stuff only with discounts, I never managed to pay a full price for a lot of things. I guess it became a habit :o

    mag // Gain Blog Readers and Comments

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited I found your blog on the swap-bot swap! I know what you mean about having to be frugal. Mine is unfortunately because of medical bills. I'm learning to coupon and comparison shop and its actually saving me about 25-30% so far on my grocery bill. Not as much as those extreme couponers but I'll take what I can get!

    Posting comment from swapbot:
    [Quick] Love Comment Blog ♥ (2)
    Username: shelbysbarn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you can improve your blog putting some photos of what you do, what you see and stuff like this. I love seeing pictures in the blogs! It will become personal and unique :-)

    dodothefairy - swapbot

    ReplyDelete