Monday, November 18, 2013

Sam Noble Museum Trip

I went on a trip with the First Baptist Church Marlow Oklahoma to Norman. They were going to the Sam Noble Museum. I am so ashamed to say this but I have never been there before so this was a treat. My Aunt Sandra invited me to tag along with the SALT group from her church. I have been to Washington DC to several of the Smithsonian Museum's.. saying this I will say I greatly enjoyed this museum as much. We had a guided tour which lasted a hour. The guide was very knowledgeable. I do believe she was in her late 70's. I am a hands on person so the Discovery Room was perfect for me! I liked touching the fossils and rocks and such...till I thought about ALL the other people who touched the object as well. Then I got creeped out so I stopped touching stuff and went and washed my hands really good. Nope didn't even touch the furs from the animals..like most of the others.
This is my Aunt Sandra going into the Native Art section of the Museum.
When we finished at the Museum we went and ate at Rudy's. Another first for me and let me tell you this BBQ was the bomb! Of course I am going back really soon I hope!! Our day was perfect and I am so glad I went with this great group!

No comments:

Post a Comment