Sunday, November 3, 2013

Refletions.

Am so wishing I was here instead of Marlow Oklahoma! I am thinking I could so live next to the water! It's so very calming and peaceful even when it's about to storm. I never thought of me being a water person but maybe I am deep down inside my soul.
I am amazed at how close these birds were to me. It was almost as if I could reach out and touch them. To bad I didn't bring along some food for them to enjoy while I watched them. Do you ever look back on your life and wonder how you got to the place your at? I try not to but lately I am trying to embrace my past so I can go forward. I am trying to reach out to old friends and bond with them once again. My cousin Brenda and I grew up together. It was as if we each had two mothers. Anyone with a close knit family knows what I am talking about. They both treated us as if we belonged to them. My mom was the oldest out of 6 siblings and so she was the one in charge. Until her death believe me she took that role very seriously. On Friday my cousin Brenda called me and asked if I would stop by her house. Of course I will as I had a totally free day. Let me tell you we got to talking and it was wonderful to catch up with her. In fact after several hours she finally had to run me off so she could get some housework finished. I have been stopping by my dear friend Kim's house every great know and then and have reconnected with her. We are and will always be best friends. I love her family as if they were mine. My brother Stacy and I have always been close. I do feel like since mom passed we have clung together more so. He is such a good role model for his children as well as me. I find him teaching me new things all the time. Most importantly how to be a better me as well as a better partner for Mr.C. I still can't believe Stacy has chickens, goats and such! Oh my!! He has a cool blog. So my question to you is why do we get so caught up in our own worlds that we tend to forget about the friends and family that have always been there for you. For 9 years I have wanted a new friend in Rush Springs that I could hang out with and do things with. When in fact I have Lisa and her mom Sharon right there in Rush Springs. In fact Sharon and Lisa was the first people I called when my mom passed away. Lisa left her job and drove about a hour to be with me. Sharon drove out to mom's house where mom was and stayed with us. Guess what I am saying is that I really need to reconnect and treasure the people who know me and love me for who I am. With out these people in my life who knows where I would be today.
Here I was looking at the end of the boat as we enjoyed being on the water at Kemah Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment