Sunday, November 21, 2021

Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes

Operations Child Shoeboxes ready to roll to Lawton Ok Baptist Church.  These 8 boxes are completely packed with fun items. 
This was my first year to do the boxes.  This is thru the Samaritan's Purse. I have been buying all year for the boxes.  I also put back the $9.00 for shipping fee's for each box.  
This charity really tugged at my heart strings.  
I watched so many YouTube videos on what other's packed. I did lots of research on what to send and not to send.  For instance no liquids or toothpaste or army play figurines are big no no's. I made sure to add hygiene items, school items and a few toys to each box. I actually made 13 boxes this year.  
This is one of the boxes I sent for a girl 10-14 years old.  It also has a doll that went in the box for the wow factor.  I would have loved all these items at that age or even at my age!  Wish I had taken a picture of each box I had packed.  Shame on me!! I actually found 3 more boxes hidden that I was working on to send.  That will give me a head start on 2022.  
I already know that I am not going to pack 13 boxes.  I am going to do less but with more quality to them. Better wow items and such. I also want to make sure to add a clothing item to each box. I am thinking shirt, shorts, undies or even undies or shoes. 
I have another charity that I want to do for 2022.  I will makea new blog post about that later on.  It is something Luther and I are planning on donating to this upcoming year. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment